Monday, June 9, 2008

Great Sunday!

I had a great Sunday yesterday! Alex's friend, Austin, spent the night so when we woke up, Ken got all of us to play video games, (mainly Mario Kart Wii). Then, Ken left to find the Wii Fit. He has been wanting one since he first heard about it and had some cash he saved up. He came back around 10:30ish and we all watched him try it out. It is so cool. It keeps track of your weight, BMI, and gives you goals to shoot for so you can be more Fit! The games and excercises are fun and challenging. The more you use it, the more items you unlock. Ken and I both found out we are overweight, (I already knew that). But, now we are striving to lose that weight and I think this new tool will help us both.

Later, Ken set up the Water Slide for the boys. Austin's brother, Colby came over and everyone played until around 2:30. The boys went home and we just hung out for the rest of the day. I love days like this...days where we have no plans, no where to go, just hanging out and having fun.

Today is the first day of summer vacation. Jake woke up early, (of course), but Alex is sleeping in, (again, of course). My plans today are pretty boring...laundry, general house picking up, and paying bills. But, the awesome thing is I really do not have to go anywhere until this evening for Alex's baseball game. Actually, I do have to go to the bank to make a PTA deposit, but that shouldn't take long. I plan on heading over to Costco, too. Need a few things and I haven't checked Costco out in awhile. I might talk Ken into going with me tonight...then he can shop for his Father's Day Poker Night! Now, I must get to work!

1 comment:

Stacy Armentrout Skinner said...

Hey Shanon you don't have to blog everyday look at me I am trying to keep up with 2 for me and 1 for my husband so there are days that none of them get a post. It's been good to chat with you again. I did not go to the 10 yr. even though I live in Hermiston. I just didn't want to feel like I was in HH again. Hope all is well with you and your family. Till later.