Saturday, June 7, 2008

Field Day Fun

Yesterday was Alex's last day of school, (and last day of 3rd Grade). Last day of school lasts until noon and consists of a field day. I helped out with the field day and had a lot of fun. For Alex's school, the 2nd and 3rd graders had field day together. They went from 'station' to 'station' playing crazy games, burning lots of energy, and having great fun. The station I was in charge with was musical hula hoops. The game was similar to musical chairs. While the music was playing, the kids danced, ran, marched, moved around a group of hula hoops
Then when the music stops, all the kids run into the middle of the hula hoops. Who ever didn't make it in the hoop was out. After each round, Jake would steal another hoop for me until the ended up with one.
By the end of the six classes, I was pooped and my voice was hoarse. Jake had given up stealing hoops and sat in the grass waiting until we were done. When Alex's class came back to this station, it was time to go in. They had 30 minutes left before school was out. So, I let him stay for the last 30 minutes and just hung out in the classroom. Between me and Alex, we took some great pictures of the kids. Here are some fun pictures





Alex, Jenna, & Jack Alex's 3rd Grade Class - Mrs. Byland was their teacher













Anyway, I am so happy summer vacation is officially here! I have so many plans to keep the boys busy. Goals for the summer: Chabot Space & Science Center, SF Zoo, Sticker Factory, Old Mill, a few local Missions, gold Rush country, Idaho, craft projects, a few parks, Marine World, and maybe some down time. Today brings baseball game and after game pool party. I must make a spinach dip for the party.

No comments: