Sunday, June 8, 2008

Baseball Day & Pool Party

Yesterday, Alex had a baseball game and baseball pool party. I was really happy that Ken could make it to both! Ken had 2 side jobs in San Mateo yesterday, and he was able to finish up, run errands, and make it back by 2! He is awesome!

We were a little annoyed with Alex's coach. Friday's practice, the coach told everyone to show up early. If you were late, you batted last. So, Alex pushed and pushed me to leave early for his game. We got there before the coach! Some kids showed up later and guess what...Alex still was one of the last ones to bat. I knew he's not the best player, but he really wanted to get there early so he didn't have to be the last one to bat. It was frustrating!

After the game, we went to one of the other parent's house for a pool party. I always wonder what it is people do to afford such beautiful homes! This person's house was not that far from our house, but they live in a gated community, with a pool and landscaped backyard, and an incredible view of the hills. Their neighbors had mini mansions!

During the baseball game, we were all sweating in the heat. All the mom's were like, 'oh, I am so getting in that pool after the game.' 'I don't care, I'm getting my hair wet.', and other indications that they were going in the pool too. Now, I wasn't going to go in, but thought..'okay, I can be a cool mom and swim too.' So, when we got home, I changed into my suit. We were one of the first to get there. Little Jake was ready to swim, so I went in with him to make sure the pool was safe..I needed to know where the shallow ends were and how deep the deep end was. Now, the party was for the whole baseball team...imagine 10 boys ages ranged from 6 to 9 and a pool. It was chaotic! I was protecting the little ones from splashing, bumping, and everything else! As the party progressed, more parents showed up. No one went in the pool! finally, Jake was too cold, so we both got out. I was quite annoyed! I knew those ladies wouldn't do it!

Needless to say, I am glad baseball season is almost over. You can tell on our team that the kids the coach's know are definitely given more instruction than the other kids. However, Alex had a lot of fun, he has definitely improved his game, and I will be more than happy to encourage him to play next year!

No comments: