Thursday, January 15, 2009

Photo Shoots Are Fun!

Yesterday, I took the boys to Picture People to get our pictures taken. We had so much fun! The photographer was so animated. She got all of us laughing, (especially Jake...she was taken with Jake). When we waited for our photos to be done, I began looking at the prices...WOW! expensive! But, in reality, no less exensive than Sears or Penneys and I know we had more fun at this place. Then, I saw the pictures and they were SO worth the price! I wish I could have bought all of them!!!

Meanwhile, while we were there, Ken called. I ignored the phone...he can't know where we are. When we leave, I look at the time and I began to stress. It was 4:25 and Ken normally gets home at 4:30. We began to cook up some kind of excuse as to why we weren't home and where we were. Considering we're all dressed in almost matching shirts, I knew we would give it away. So, I headed to the corner store to make it look like that was why we weren't home. Grabbed the beer and the bread that I should have got early in the day. Then, we booked it home and....he wasn't even home. Whew!

So, the boys and I hid all the evidence that we were gone..and pleaded with Jake to keep quiet. Asking a 4 year old to keep a big secret for a week will be a daunting task! I check the messages...Ken had called like 4 times! So, I called him back and he was like, 'Where were you...I've been trying to reach you.' I was like, 'Oh, we were outside...I didn't even know you called. I'm sorry.' Well, the whole reason he was trying to reach me was because he had a side-job! What a relief!

At the photo shoot, Jake and Alex brought home a teddy bear with our picture in it and a bouncy balloon with Picture People on the front of it. I hid both in their bedroom. When Ken got home...Jake almost spilled the beans. Jake was whipsering, 'Mama, Mama, I hid it...I hid the...' I kept shushing him. All went well, until it was bedtime. Jake blurts out, 'Mama, Mama, the balloon is not hidden.' I causually stand in front of the balloon while Ken eyes me! Cover almost blown!!! Fortunately, nothing else was said and he didn't notice the 'Picture this' on it! I hope!

Anyway, that was our exciting day. Today brings Noon Duty training, pre-packing, and who knows what else!

No comments: